Date Published: 1982 to 1997
Binding: No binding & hard cover
Anne Tyler is a celebrated American novelist, short story writer, screen write and literary critic. She was awarded the National Book Critics Circle Award in 1985 and the Pulitzer Prize in 1989.
The collection contains 8 items dating from 1982 to 1997, specifically 5 letters, 1 book, 1 envelope, and 1 card.
1 Book with 1 ALS:
• Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1982. Illustrated by Fred Marcellino. Orange paper boards, quarter bound in dark brown cloth. First ed. in almost fine jacket. Tyler’s signature on a label is affixed to the front free endpaper. Includes a TLS from Marcellino, 8 February 1982, to James C. Murphy about Marcellino’s work as a book illustrator (“I do read all the manuscripts that I work on…..”), mentioning Kundera, D
4 Letters (3ALS & 1 TLS):
• ALS to Melvin Caple, envelope post-marked 27 March 1991, thanking Caple for liking The Tin Can Tree, not working on anything at present, Saint Maybe to be published in September.
• ALS to Samantha Walker, 18 April 1996, signing bookplates and being one of the “Authors of the Month”.
• ALS to Vicki Allison, 24 January 1997, re first editions, library bindings, children reading.
• TLS to Gil Moody, 28 September 1994. Re signing her books to be sold in his bookstore.
• First day of issue, envelope with Margaret Mitchell commemorative and cachet, post-marked 30 June 1986, signed by Tyler.
• Frog-motif card signed.
On consignment with LDRB.
Very Good. Item #8755