Place Published: Toronto
Publisher: Hawkshead Press
Date Published: 1961 (to 2005)
Binding: No binding & hard cover
A collection of 6 items dating from 1961 to 2005, specifically, Atwood’s First book Double Persephone signed, Atwood letter signed, 3 other signed Atwood books and a colour photo.
Atwood’s First book signed:
Atwood, Margaret. Double Persephone. Toronto: Hawkshead Press, Toronto, 1961. First edition.  pp. in white illustrated card covers, wire-stitched. A very good copy but the third leaf is not original and is a cream-coloured facsimile. Signed by Atwood on a slip affixed to the title page (“For Marie | a golden | oldie! | xx |Margaret Atwood”. Author’s first book. A collection of seven poems published when Atwood was only 19 years old. According to Atwood, the edition size was only 220 copies. Issued by John Robert Colombo's Hawkshead Press as Book One, Market Book Series. One of the great rarities of contemporary Can Lit.
Atwood Signed Letter:
• TLS (2 punch holes at left side) to Peter Ladkin, 4 July 1997, “I’m pleased you like my work, and I very much appreciate your having taken the time to write.”, with name of Atwood’s assistant, Sarah Cooper, typed at the bottom, but signed by Atwood.
3 other Atwood Signed Books:
• Cat’s Eye. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 1988. Blue paper boards in dust jacket. Fine condition. Signed by Atwood on the half title.
• Barbed Lyres: Canadian Venomous Verse. Toronto: Key Porter Books, 1990. Black paper boards in dust jacket, fine condition. A collection of satirical poetry, illustrated by Aislin, with a foreword by Atwood and signed by her on the half title.
• Good Bones. Toronto: Coach House Press, 1992. Orange paper boards in dust jacket, fine condition, signed by Atwood on the half title.
• Photo of Atwood at the centenary celebration of her publisher, McClelland and Stewart, 2005.
Collection on consignment with LDRB.