Date Published: 1933 to 1955
First Editions from 1933 to 1955. An interesting archive of five early titles in Spanish by the Cuban poet, translator, critic and scholar Eugenio Florit. 4 of 5 books inscribed to his friend and colleague, H. R. (Hoffman Reynolds) Hays, American poet, novelist, critic, playwright, translator, social anthropologist, and educator. Hays had a special interest in Spanish language writers and was the author of "12 Spanish American Poets" 1943 of which Eugenio Florit was one of the poets.
This collection consists of the following stapled and one glued card covers books:
1. 'Reino' 1938 Ucar Garcia Y Compania. First edition. Signed by Florit on the title page. 66 pp. Cardboard covers. Offcut pages. Pages toned with edgewear to covers. Otherwise, clean and unmarked. Very Good.
2. 'Eugenio Florit Vida Y Obra- Bibliografia-Antologia- Obras Ineditas' 1943 Hispanic Institute in the United States, New York. First edition. Signed by Eugenio Florit and inscribed by him to Hoffman Hays on the copyright page. 50 pp. Black and white photographs. Cardboard covers. Dampstain to top edge. Surface and edgewear to covers with light soiling. Good+
3. 'Conversacion a mi Padre' 1945 Coleccion, Yagruma Havana. First edition. Signed by Eugenio Florit and inscribed by him to Hoffman and Julie Hays opposite the title page. 15 pp. Stapled cardcovers. Light surface and edgewear. Very Good.
4. 'La Estrella (Auto de Navidad)' 1947 La Habana Signed by Eugenio Florit and inscribed by him to Hoffman and Julie Hays on the dedication page. 20 pp. Stapled cardcovers. Light surface and edgewear to toned covers. Good+
5. 'Asonante Final Y Otros Poemas (1946-1955)' 1955 Origenes La Habana. First edition. Signed by Eugenio Florit and inscribed by him to Hoffman and Julie Hays on the half title. pp. 63-80 are missing, p. 81 and index detached. Stapled cardcovers. Light edgewear to covers. Fair.