Place Published: Toronto
Publisher: Published by The Canadian Historical Review Vol. XX No. 2. June 1939.
Date Published: 1939
Edition: 1st Edition
Binding: Soft Cover
First edition. 6-1/4 x 10 inches. i,ii,(1),-250, iii-vi. About 137 pages. Original printed wrappers. Frontispiece of Lord Durham, frayed, chipped otherwise good condition.
There are six articles on Lord Durham's Report and other articles include:
• Lord Durham and the British Background of His Report
• The Durham Report and the Upper Canadian Scene
• Nova Scotia and the Durham Mission
• Lord Durham’s Report and its Consequences
• Extracts from Gladstone's private political diary on Canadian questions,
• Canada and foreign affairs by Glazerbrook
• Correspondence of Lord Elgin on the government of Canada.
The Canadian Historical Review (CHR) is a scholarly journal in Canada, founded in 1920 and published by the University of Toronto Press. The Canadian Historical Review offers an analysis of the ideas, people, and events that have molded Canadian society and institutions into their present state. Canada's past is examined from a vast and multicultural perspective to provide a thorough assessment of all influences.
Good. Item #658