Place Published: Québec
Publisher: Province of Canada
Date Published: 1865
Edition: 1st Edition
Binding: No binding
15-3/4 x 15-3/4 inches, was folded now flat, typed and handwritten manuscript and transfer document with docketing information handwritten on verso. Faded seal, agetoned, some spotting, otherwise very good condition. Some content and detail...
George Stevenson of the Town of Sarnia, the Township of Moore, in the County of Lambton…one hundred and twenty dollars..400 acres…Lot number nineteen in the First concession
and Lot number 19 in the second concession of the aforesaid Township of Moore…July 3, 1865…Signed my Meredith, Russell and Monck George Stevenson was Mayor of Sarnia 1875.
Charles Stanley Monck was the last Governor General of the Province of Canada and the first Governor General of Canada after Canadian Confederation. Prior to Confederation he was concurrently Lieutenant Governor of both Canada West and Canada East. Lord Monck served as the Governor of the province of Canada and the Governor General of British North America from 1861 to 1867. Lord Monck worked hard to build Confederation. His efforts to unite and stabilize the young country were recognized with his appointment to the position of Canada's first Governor General in 1867.
Edmund Allen Meredith (1817-1899) CMG, LL.D., M.A., was Under Secretary of State for Canada; a prison reformer, writer, president of the Literary and Historical Society of Quebec and the third principal of McGill University from 1846 to 1853. Meredith is best remembered for his role in prison reform, of which he was an active exponent. He also founded the Ottawa Art Association, served as President of the Literary and Historical Society of Quebec, the Park Lawn Tennis Club (Toronto), the Civil Service Board, the Ottawa Literary and Scientific Society, and Vice-President of the Astronomical and Physical Society of Toronto, and finally the part-time position in retirement as Vice-President of the Toronto Loans and Assurance Company (a.k.a. Toronto General Trusts).
Andrew Russell (1804-1888), Assistant Commissioners of Crown Lands for the Province of Canada 18 July 1857, to 30 June 1867
Very Good. Item #4692