Province of Canada Land Grant to Roswell O. Darrah in the Township of Brome in the County of Brome (Eastern Townships - Québec). Sir Edmund Walker HEAD, Andrew RUSSELL, Roswell O. DARRAH.

Province of Canada Land Grant to Roswell O. Darrah in the Township of Brome in the County of Brome (Eastern Townships - Québec)

Place Published: Québec
Publisher: Province of Canada
Date Published: 1860
Edition: 1st Edition
Binding: No binding

Roswell O. Darrah (deceased in 1860)

19-3/4 x 14-3/4 inches, was folded now flat, typed and handwritten manuscript and transfer document with docketing information handwritten on verso. Faded seal, agetoned, some creases, otherwise very good condition. Some content and detail...

The Legal Representatives of the Late Roswell A Darrah, in his lifetime of the Township of Brome…One hundred and eighty dollars…Township of Brome in the County of Brome…One hundred ad fifty acres…The East three quarters of Lot number Two in the Fifth Range of the Township of Brome…24th of April 1860…docketed, 2nd of May 1860 and Oct 31, 1860

signed by Russell & E.W.Head The County of Brome is located in the Eastern Townships, in Québec

Darrah, Roswell O., (1820-1855) Spouse: Mary Church (1823-1915)

Yesterdays of Brome County, Volume 7, page 190 -David Toof, born 1849, married Florence Darrah, lived at Brome, Quebec. p.191 - David Toof (13 Apr 1849-3 Mar 1931) is buried in the Brome Anglican Cemetery. David married Florence Darrah (24 July 1856-1 June 1931) and she is buried with her husband. Florence E. Darrah was the daughter of Roswell Darrah (1820-1855) and his wife Mary Church (1823-1915). The family lived near Mannsville, on Lot 2 in Range 5 of Brome Township. Florence was the sister of Albert, Warren and Howard Darrah who have many descendants in this region. Roswell Darrah was first buried on his farm and later was moved to the Brome Congregational Cemetery.

Sir Edmund Walker Head: He was simultaneously Governor General of the Province of Canada and Lieutenant Governor of Canada West and Canada East (1854–1861) and formerly Lieutenant-Governor of New Brunswick (1847–1854).  He was the cousin of Sir Francis Bond Head. E.W. Head was elected governor of the reconfigured Hudson's Bay Company in 1863 after his return to England, which he held until his death. While Lieutenant-Governor of New Brunswick, Head authorized the creation of an engineering faculty at the University of New Brunswick. This was the first such programme in what would become Canada. In his honour, the buildings housing this faculty at UNB are called Head Hall. The city of Edmundston, New Brunswick was named after him. In the county of Renfrew, a township of Head was named in his honour.

Andrew Russell, Assistant Commissioners of Crown Lands for the Province of Canada 18 July 1857, to 30 June 1867
Very Good. Item #3121

$245.00 USD
$324.62 CAD